Recommended

Natren Probiotics

Beating the headache monster

For years I have battled migraines, sinus headaches, tension headaches...to me they are all the same... and I have affectionately labeled the pain the headache monster. I don't like it when I get one, they bring pain and who wants pain.  I've spent alot of time trying to identify what causes them for me and honestly have found that it can be as simple as the air I breathe.  I have learned over time how to keep them to a minimum by reducing my interaction with things I have found trigger them.  Below is a list of what I have identified to be triggers and how I am managing them now.  Hopefully by sharing this list I can help you through your headache woes.

1.  Allergies

  • Foods - certain foods definitely contributed to my headache pains and what I found is that be eliminating inflammation causing foods my headaches were minimized.  Here is a list of foods I definitely avoid:
    • Sugar
    • Dairy (milk, cheese, ice cream, yogurt, and cottage cheese)
    • Wheat/Gluten
    • Red wine (unless it's sulfite free)
    • Oranges
    • Steak 
  • Pollen/Dust/Perfumes - this one is a little harder to get away from.  Here is a list of what I try to avoid:
    • Wearing perfume
    • Using chemical products - (Detergents, Shampoos, Soaps, Toothpaste, Deodorant) 

    By now you are probably wondering what do I eat, what products do I use and what has worked to help me manage?  It took me a couple of years of slowly integrating these methods into my life to finally get to where I am now and I finally feel like I've got the pain limited to almost non-existent.

    Here is my list of DO's:


    1.  Food
    • Eat the Paleo way if possible. A great book that outlines how and why was written by Robb Wolf "The Paleo Solution".
      • Fruits, Veggies, Meats, Nuts and seeds
    • Drink Distilled water (add Trace Minerals) or a lemon up to 4 times daily
    2.  Supplements:
    3.  Exercise
    • Walk 20-30 min daily min
    • Stretch 5-10 min daily
    4.  Chiropractor
    5.  Acupunture
    • The release your body gets from acupuncture is amazing and for me personally I have found it to be as beneficial as massage.
    6.  Meditation
    • Sitting silently and calm your mind can do wonders
    7.  Massage therapy

    8.  Cleansing
    • Yeast Cleanse - I recommend looking into this book "The Yeast Connection" it is quite possible that candida could be another contributing factor.
    • To  learn more about doing a Yeast Cleanse
     9.  Alternative Personal Care Products:
    10.  Sleep - Make sure you get at least 6-8 hours minimum sleep a night.  Your body needs time to rest, recover and heal.  The only time this can happen is while you are sleeping.  Not getting enough sleep can actually encourage a headache and cause other health issues.







         

        Disclaimer: The entire contents of this website are based upon the opinions of I'm Holistic, unless otherwise noted. Individual articles are based upon the opinions of the respective author, who retains copyright as marked. The information on this website is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice. It is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research and experiences of I'm Holistic. I'm Holistic encourages you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional.

        Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More